Fire Rated Floor Door
In subways and skyscrapers and everything in between, the FD Fire Rated Floor Door incorporates the latest fire-resistive technology to protect floors above from fire below.
Independently tested to NFPA 288 (ASTM E 119)
The fire rated floor door shall be model [specify FD, FD-R, or FD-P] as manufactured by USF Fabrication, Inc., Hialeah, Florida USA with the size being specified on the plans.
- Cover: [specify aluminum or steel, FD for flush diamond plate, or FD-R for 1/8” [3.18mm] recess, or FD-P for 1” [25.4mm] recess] reinforced for 150 psf [732 kg/m2] live load, fitted with thermal-rated composite fire panel, tested for up to 2 hours per NFPA 288 (ASTM E119).
- Frame: Thermal-break frame with [specify aluminum or steel] upper frame and stainless steel lower frame.
- Hinge: Type 316 stainless steel.
- Spring Actuators: Stainless steel compression springs contained within the door assembly.
- Automatic Hold-open And Closing Mechanism: Aluminum hold-open arm with red vinyl grip to automatically hold the cover in the 90 degree position. Hold-open arm incorporates a mechanism to automatically close and latch the cover when heat breaks a UL-listed fusible link.
- Latch: Two-point slam latch.
Material / Finish: Cover and frame are mill finish aluminum. Hardware is stainless steel.
- Installation: Door is designed for installation in dry, interior locations only. Installation shall be in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. Warranty: Door shall be manufactured in the United States. Manufacturer shall guarantee the door against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ten  years.