Angle Frame Heavy Duty Loading Double Door
Material: Aluminum, steel or stainless steel available.
Frame: 1/4” material with integral anchoring systems. All parts of the frame coming in contact with concrete shall be coated with bituminous paint.
Covers: 1/4” diamond plate reinforced for AASHTO H-20 wheel loads.
Hardware: All 316 SS nuts, bolts and washers.
Hold-Open Device: 316 SS Hold-open arm with secondary latch mechanism.
Lock device: 316SS slamlock with threaded plug, removable outside key and fixed inside handle.
Lift Assist: Springs or gas shocks.
Lift Handle: Recessed lift handle lays flush with top of cover.
Warranty: Ten (10) years on aluminum, five (5) years on steel and stainless steel.
- Stainless vertical springs or gas shocks for lift assist, (also with removable bolt-on spring housings)
- Recessed staple and other locking devices
- Frame skirts for easy casting into a concrete top slab
- Bituminous coating on frame surface in contact with concrete
- Fiberglass insulation with metal liner
- Custom lettering
- Nut rails with stainless steel sliding nuts for attaching cable holders, brackets & other hardware
- Anodized finish
- Stainless steel safety chains
- Fall Through Protection Systems
- Slip resistant surface bonded to cover plate
- Hinge covers on same long side (springs would be horizontal)
The floor access door shall be Model AHD as manufactured by USF Fabrication, Inc. with the size being specified on the plans. Door leaves shall be 1/4-inch thick aluminum diamond plate reinforced for an AASHTO H20-44 wheel load. Upon request, manufacturer shall provide structural calculations showing that the door design meets the loading requirements of AASHTO H20-44. (The access door is designed for off-street locations that may occasionally receive AASHTO H20-44 wheel loads.) The frame shall be extruded aluminum with an integral anchor flange and door seat on all four sides. The floor access door shall be equipped with a flush lifting handle that does not protrude above the cover, and 316 stainless steel hold open arms with secondary latch mechanism that automatically keep the covers in their upright open positions. The door shall have 316 stainless steel hinges and 316 stainless steel tamper resistant bolts/locknuts. The door shall be equipped with a watertight 316 stainless steel slamlock with threaded plug, removable outside key, and fixed inside handle. The slamlock latches onto a 316 stainless steel striker plate that is bolted to the frame. Installation shall be in accordance with the manufacturer’s attached instructions. The entire frame including the seat on which the reinforcing rests shall be supported by concrete or other material designed to support the specified load. The door shall be manufactured and assembled in the United States.